6.20.2008

A New Life

Well, since I went through the trouble in making the blog, it's only fair I write in it.

I was married on June 6th of this year to Alex. We were sealed in the Logan Temple, and I can happily say that I've never felt more blessed than I do right now. Alex is an incredible guy. When I first met him, he seemed very quiet and serious. It took a lot to get him to talk and finally open up to me- but when we went out on our first date, and he started to show me his personality, I was honored to begin an incredible relationship with one of the best men I know.

The wedding day went smoothly. A large portion of my family attended, which made me feel very appreciative. It's not a fun drive, I'll tell you that first hand. When I made the original trek to UT, I was in my crappy car with no air conditioner. It's a miracle Evan and I made it here alive.

We went to Logan the night before to stay the night in a hotel (since our wedding was at 10:00 AM.) I had multiple nightmares prior to the wedding about oversleeping. Or being stuck in a traffic jam and missing the wedding. (Logan is about 2 hours away from where I lived.) I forced Alex to stay in Logan the night before too. :) I'd heard it was going to be rainy on my wedding day, and sure enough, it was.

There weren't too many group pictures because every time we'd start to do it, it would start to rain. So everyone left and we stayed taking pictures for an hour or so.


The reception was beautiful. Everything went smoothly, and I'm so glad it's over. :) All we wanted was just to be married and happy. And we are. And we always will be. And and and.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are hott!! I love you!! :)

Dina said...

Awwwww....way cute post! At least everything went smoothly. I totally know all about those nightmares. i had the same type the night before too. Have fun with your blog. I will definitely be back to read more!

Mamapierce said...

Thanks for posting - it's nice to hear the bride's version of her wedding day. I was worried about something going wrong on my wedding day - staying up until 2am the night before didn't help! I just couldn't sleep...keep the posts coming!! And don't forget to sign up for google reader!

Brynnly and Alan said...

Oh! I love it! We are blogging buddies now! YAY!

Coach Heather said...

You two are such an inspiration to me. Thanks for being such a good friend/sista to me rachie cakes. You are so wonderful in all you do and say. you are so sweet i just love ya sis. So happy that you are loving married lifeÜ luvs

marlene said...

It was such a great day, we are so happy for both of you!