10.08.2009

A Change Of Seasons

Well, it's offically fall. We have autumn scents burning non-stop, and I've been trying to bake a little more often than usual. Due to it being our vacation (we have had this week off together) I thought it would be the opportune time to start my baking frenzy, but on Monday morning, I woke up with a horrible cold. I'm just now starting to feel better.... I've felt lousy all week. I was determined, however, to not let it get me down! :)

This week has been filled with:

      • TaiPan
      • Rolo Cookies
      • Rolls :)
      • Shooting guns. (Yep, you read correctly. I have to admit, I did enjoy it!)
      • A photography exhibit downtown- followed by eating at a cute, delicious cafe.
      • Deseret Book (where I finally purchased a journal... I've been dying to get one for the longest time, and I have been faithfully writing since!)
      • IKEA
      • Going on a mini hike in the canyons (and believe me when I say it was mini... my head felt as if it would explode.)
      • Out to lunch with a good friend
      • Getting excited for the holidays!
      • Staying up late and sleeping in. :)
I'm thinking that when I go back to work on Tuesday, I'll feel refreshed and energized. It was a much needed break! I've been lovin' all this quality time with Al. I've been bad haven't taken any pictures thus far.. hopefully I'll manage to take a couple before the vacation is officially over.

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

What a wonderful vacation! :o)

whitney said...

Sounds like a relaxed, leisurely vacay-the best kind in my opinion. Enjoy the rest of it!

Brynnly and Alan said...

I had such a great time with you at lunch! And thank you for the cookies! Delish as always! I love those! Love you mucho! Glad you are a feeling better and glad you had such a fun week off work! YAY!

sharon said...

oooohhh I saw your next music purchase! I love Norah Jones! I haven't heard this one yet. I'm going to have to check it out. Thanks Rachel!