10.29.2009

Lately..

When I first started this blog, I thought that I would always have something interesting to write about. But as I started to really think about what we do in our day to day lives... I found that we truly aren't that interesting, and there really isn't anything interesting to write about. Hmm. I've found myself in a pickle.

So, I'll try to give you a quick (and trust me, it's quick) update on what's been going on in the Teran household.

  • We both have callings now, and we both are back in Primary. I have to admit, at first we weren't particularly psyched, but we decided to give it our best shot. I'm the primary pianist, and he is teaching alongside another teacher of the 4-5 year olds. Playing in front of people has never been a strong suit of mine, but I've found that it is forcing me to practice- and that the kids don't listen to me anyway. :)
  • I got a little promotion at work. It gave me a small raise, and I'm not complaining. Anything is better than nothing at this point.
  • I decided to go to school, and even though I'm only taking one class- it makes me feel somewhat accomplished. I've been talking about going to college for a while now, and one class is better than no class! :)
  • Alex and I are going to be lumberjacks for Halloween. I'm not one who generally enjoys dressing up for the holiday, but decided to give it a shot. Besides, it just means that the holidays are coming up!! I felt the urge to put on Christmas music.... but I restrained myself. Proud?
And truly, that is the updates of our lives. We're just living the routine life, and loving it. It's nice to have time to spend together and just enjoy this phase in our lives. I have no idea what will happen in the next few years, or where we'll be... but I'm excited for the journey.

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I absolutely LOVE playing the piano for primary. I am the back-up pianist and the regular pianist is a nurse with a crazy schedule so for a few months I played every Sunday and LOVED IT! In fact, I declare it to be the very best calling ever. Everyone is happy when it's singing time!

Aubrey said...

I like to think of my blog as an account of my daily life, I figure anyone who reads it will be interested in what I'm up to. If not they don't have to read it. Sounds like you've kept busy and yay for taking a class. I want to go back to school - I just love it that much and really miss it.

whitney said...

Good for you for taking a class! I know your life probably doesn't really seem all that interesting, but that's ok, we love to hear about it anyway. :)

I'm sure you make a great primary pianist. I'm always in awe of you and the song leader just belting it out and playing like nobody's business in front of everyone. Go you!