A couple weeks ago, my beloved and I both had about a week and a half off from work to do whatever we want. I will let you know that we took FULL advantage of this opportunity. Our week included:
- Browsing the mall and eating goodies from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
- Going to home decor stores (lots of them)
- A zoo trip (I haven't been since being in UT.) It was fun! I haven't been to the zoo in ages....
- Went on a hike. (Our new passion...)
- Went camping (It was wonderful!!)
- Celebrating our two year anniversary!!!
- Eating at Macaroni Grill (we went there on our honeymoon)
- Eating at Nauvoo Cafe (we just really love their sandwiches)
- Eating at Cafe Rio (we just eat there all the time)
- And probably a bunch of other eateries.... we like to eat. A lot.
- We stayed at the same bed and breakfast from our honeymoon. Same room. It was just fantastic!!
- Our bed and breakfast is right in the middle of SLC, so we did nothing but walk all weekend. We did all the typical touristy mormons do... tour of the conference center, church history museum, browsed temple square and on Sunday morning, saw Music and the Spoken Word. It was an extremely spiritually uplifting weekend.
- We made out. We held hands. We hugged. Even more than usual!!!
- We spent a night with Alex's sister, Marlene and her lovely family.
- Went to This is the Place heritage park, where I had a not-so-wonderful headache. I did manage to buy a bottled rootbeer though. This made me happy.
- We talked about things we loved about being married, and things we could work on. I LOVE having conversations about how we can improve as a couple, or as individuals. Believe it or not, I like to hear what he would like me to improve on. It's weird...
Well, I suppose I should post some pictures from our week of bliss. I'm not going to post too many, but here are some of the highlights!

Everytime I see anything of President Hinckley I have to take a picture :) He's just wonderful and I miss him dearly!

This was at This is the Place Heritage park. They had a petting zoo. Cute!

Alex and I taking a breather. We walked soooo much that weekend.

Our adorable bed and breakfast!!!

This was on top of the Conference Center. It was such a neat tour. I had never been so it was extra special for me. A must do for everyone!!

Alex at the zoo pretending to be a monkey.
There aren't too many pictures on this, solely because it takes a bloody lifetime to upload each picture onto blogger. And it's getting late as it is. And I'm starting to feel a cold coming on... which means it's probably time for me to sign off. Adios!
There aren't too many pictures on this, solely because it takes a bloody lifetime to upload each picture onto blogger. And it's getting late as it is. And I'm starting to feel a cold coming on... which means it's probably time for me to sign off. Adios!
6 comments:
Happy Anniversary! :D
Looks like you had a great time. Sometimes it is nice just to enjoy all the sights you have right where you live. I love the tour of the Conference Center also - love the view from the roof. Congrats on your anniversary
Happy Anniversary. I love spending time with my husband and just doing whatever, whenever we want. I'm glad you and Alex got to do that.
Happy 2 years! I can't believe it's already been 2yrs. Wow! What a fun week in a half. I'm jealous you got to do all that together. You two are cuter than words! Love you both!
WooHoo! What a fun anniversary! Welcome back to the blogging world ;)
I feel spoiled that I got to be a small part of your fantastic time off. You two are amazing!
Post a Comment