7.12.2010

We're Still Alive..

I'm sure many are wondering if we are surviving the diet. We ARE! We're currently on day 12 (almost over day 12, actually) and going strong! There have been a couple meltdowns, I'll admit. But usually the other one is right there to help the other out. We can both proudly say we've lost 5 lbs in a week, and counting! We're working out 5 days a week, and it has improved our quality of life 10 fold. It's amazing what energy from eating well and regular exercise will do. We have made plans to go on more hikes, Alex has been mountain biking with his brother Paul, we want to start playing tennis, and we LOVE to run! I love being active. (This is coming from 2 ex couch potatoes who loved to eat pizza, drink Dr. Pepper and sit on our rear-ends.)


The diet becomes quite repetitive... and sometimes hard to handle, but we've found if we push through it, we never regret it. We take it a day at a time. On Thursday, we'll be half-way there. I can't wait to see how far we've come on July 31st.


*Note: We made it through July 4th, one of my favorite holidays, without cheating. Not even a little bit. They brought out the grilled hotdogs and potato salad, we ate chicken and veggies. They brought out the HOMEADE cookies and cream icecream, we ate sugar free jello. Yeah. I know!


So, things are going pretty well right now. I've never had a flat tummy, so I'm hoping to achieve that. Also, in other news, we both got callings. I am a Nursery leader and he is a Second Counselor in the Sunday School Presidency. Our nursery is very small (4 kids) and it's actually a lot of fun. I miss my Relief Society though....


Anyway, that's what we're up to as of late. Still kickin'! :)


Oh, and Paul McCartney is tomorrow............ woop!

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I'm so proud of you guys! Keep up the good work!

Awesome callings! You will love the nursery! :D

JC Choate said...

You go girl! I was starting to wonder if you had famished away with the limited food option diet thing- that would be the toughest part! Keep it up and post pics and the end :)

Aubrey said...

Woohoo - go you! Carlin and I decided to start with the Power 90 which is the "mother" to P90X - P90X is for those who graduated from Power 90 and wanted something harder to do. (Found all this out after doing some research). We just got it and will start next week. Pretty excited. I am so impressed with sticking with your diet over the holiday weekend. That would be so hard for me.

whitney said...

I'm so impressed! One of these days I'll find the time to work-out :P