On a particular Sunday in the month of August, I had the opportunity to go to Sunday School. (Being in nursery hasn't given me that opportunity often.) It was, hands down, THE best lesson I've ever had. She started with three simple questions:
- What does it mean to fully trust God?
- Do you trust God?
- If so, how do you KNOW you trust God?
She went on talking about Job, and all of the trials he went through. Losing his children, his wife, his prosperity, even his health! And his attitude through the entire experience? "The Lord gave me these things, he has every right to take it away. He knows what is best for me." The entire lesson I felt as if it were directed at me, though I wasn't sure why. It should have worried me! But it didn't. I did seem to think about it as the week progressed, though.
And then I knew why.
The whole day I thought, "Whatever be Thy will, please give me the strength to be accepting." I prayed. And things didn't turn out the way I wanted. (Imagine that!) I allowed myself time to grieve. After about three hours of an emotions going nuts, I came to and thought to myself, "If I prayed so long and hard for help to accept His will, why am I not even trying to be accepting?" And so there it was. I quit my crying, and I tried. And you won't BELIEVE the night and day difference. It was as if all I needed to do was give a little, and He took care of the rest. I immediately felt peace... comfort... overwhelming love. I wasn't sad anymore. Disappointed, naturally. But I knew that it was for my benefit, even if I didn't know all the answers yet.
SO, from that whole ordeal, I've tried hard to change my attitude. I've started going to the temple more (I'm aiming for once a week), and I've made a goal to read the Book of Mormon in 90 days. I'm going to Time Out for Women this weekend (so. so. so. so. excited) and I've been trying to be more personal and grateful in my prayers.
I'm satisfied with where my life is at this moment. I've got so much going for me. There are many who have gone through far worse than I!
Yep. I can't complain one bit.
3 comments:
I love you, Rachie-Roo! (((HUGS)))
Thanks for sharing your experience, it was something I needed to hear today. And good luck with reading the Book of Mormon in 90 days, Carlin and I are doing that as a couple (it's taking us slightly longer because we are reading out loud together, but we are almost done) and you won't believe how the Book of Mormon comes together as a whole, besides all of the other blessings you get from reading.
Good luck w/the BofM reading, I did that this summer and it was such a lift for my testimony.
(((hugs))) w/all the other messy stuff too. Sometimes life is hard, but thank heavens we have Heavenly Father there to comfort us every step of the way.
Post a Comment