skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My Life in a List
Things I'm looking forward to in my life right now:
- Ragnar Relay in Las Vegas on October 22nd. Am I in over my head? Probably. Am I still excited? Yes. Does this mean I'm crazy? Absolutely.
- A 5K on October 9th. My first. Yes, I am going from a 5K to running Ragnar. Did I mention I'm crazy?
- My husband's 25th birthday on October 4th. I purchased 9 (yes, 9) Jackie Chan movies for the big event. We also got him a car. (We're donating my dear, sweet Metro to Kidney Cars within the next week. I have to admit, it's bittersweet. I will be sure to post about that event... with pictures... sniff.) I also have a small present idea up my sleeve that I'm quite excited about.
- General Conference. I'm going to fast prior to Conference (a tip from Sheri Dew at Time Out for Women. I'm thinking she knows what she's talking about. ;)) to get the whole effect. I am also planning on taking avid notes throughout.
- My mom coming out for Christmas. We've had many conversations about the many funs we're planning on having. I haven't been with my family for Christmas the past few years, and even though it won't be the WHOLE family, at least I'll have my mother around. In case you didn't know, this woman happens to be my hero.
- Getting the guts to do something fun with my hair. I don't know what this means... but hopefully I will muster up the courage to take that leap.
- FALL!!!
Things I'm appreciating right now?
- Alex! A few nights ago, we were watching a movie together, all snuggled up (mushy, I know!) and I had a realization. Marriage is easy. I also realized that we have entered into this completely and totally comfortable phase. I honestly can't remember what it was like NOT to have him in my life. This guy makes marriage so smooth and problem free. Our personalities fit so well, and everything just meshes. Yeah, I have got it good!
- Running. Alex has joined me nightly to go for a run before we go to bed. We just run around the block until we're dead, then walk the remainder... and talk. It's just a fantastic nightly ritual and I can't get that "high" from anything else. Running has become my new best friend.
- Trying to really love myself. I used to have the habit of always wanting to change something about myself. Every morning, I'd stare in the mirror and critique. I'd over-exaggerate my flaws, and rarely see the positive. Ever since I've honestly tried to make a change, my life has improved 110%. Try only focusing on the positive things about yourself. It will change everything.
- Utah. I love this state. I love the weather, I love always seeing the mountains, I love how easy it is to get places due to the fantastic grid system. I love the constant church opportunity, I love Temple Square, I love living within 10 minutes from a temple. I just love it.
- Getting to know my husband's family[extended AND immediate]. (It's a big family!!) When I first married into it, it was overwhelming to say the least.. but after time, I've grown to love them all. I still have some learning to do, but I really, truly love every stinkin' one of them.
Things I miss?
- My fatha. It was his birthday on the 22nd, and I just love him!
- My family. Of course, this is a given.
- The simplicity of childhood.
- Oklahoma... and those fantastic thunderstorms/sunsets...
- The excitement of moving to UT, and not knowing a single person. I loved the fresh start!
- Time Out for Women. I kinda wish it were every weekend....
And that, in a nutshell, is my life at this moment. :) I've been wanting to post something, but I haven't any big news or experiences to record. Hopefully the coming months will be note-worthy!
4 comments:
I love it! I'm totally stealing the idea!
Great list. I'm excited for your 5k! That's awesome! I didn't know that you were getting into running - kudos to YOU! :D
Just want you to know that we love having you in the family. You are an awesome, beautiful and thoughtful woman. We are lucky to have you in our family
Good luck on your 5k! Glad to see life is going so well - I love being married too.
Oh, and we are actually doing Power 90 not P90X (the workouts aren't as intense, don't want ya to think I'm some super fit person...), but we are doing it and have under a month to go!
Post a Comment