10.25.2010

RAGNAR



Hardest things about RAGNAR RELAY?


  • Well, the running of course! :) The first leg, I thought I was in over my head... but after I finished, I was excited for the next one! By the third, I admit I was EXHAUSTED (having had only about an hour and a half of sleep) but because it was the last leg, I pushed it and kept on going.
  • Not having Alex there. Alex couldn't get off work (and he didn't feel like he was trained enough to do it... uh, I wasn't either.) ;) But it would have been SO much better having him there for extra support. We did text quite frequently though, so I guess that is better than nothing.
  • My right knee... really, this wasn't a big issue, but on my second leg I could barely keep myself from walking. It was so so so so so painful. Thankfully, that was the only leg it was an issue with.

    BUT... even with those circumstances, I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was such an accomplishment for myself. I'm usually one who talks about 'wanting to do' things, and it never materializes... or, I commit to it, then find an excuse not to go due to lack of confidence. I am so glad that I stuck with it, and pushed myself. I had such a blast!! Can't wait to do it again.

    (My van! GREAT team to run with!)

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Congratulations! I love that feeling that comes with accomplishing a goal, especially one that I had to work so hard to complete!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you Rachel! I know I keep saying that, but it is so true! You inspire me. :)

Brynnly and Alan said...

You are amazing Rachy! Way to go! YAY!

Mamapierce said...

SO SO SO SO SO proud of YOU!!!! That is awesome! There are ladies in my ward doing the Ragnar Race right now. You are awesome! :D