Alex and I were fortunate enough to attend the dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple this morning. It was an incredible opportunity for me, solely because the last (and only) dedication I had been to was the Oklahoma City Temple and that was when I was around 12. What a morning! We felt the Spirit multiple times, and can't WAIT to go and do a session! After going through the open house last month, we have been itching to go back. It's truly a house of the Lord.My brother, Coulter, will be leaving to go on a mission next month to the Dominican Republic. I'm so excited for him!! It's something he's deserved for quite a while.
He and my mother will be coming up a few days prior to him reporting at the MTC, so I'm going to make an appointment for all of us to do a session. There is something so special about going to the temple with not only your eternal companion, but your eternal family as well.As I sat through the dedication, I realized a great many things about my life. I looked at Alex sitting next to me, and felt an overwhelming gratitude for him. To know that he has the same goals, respect and love for the Lord as I do brings me such comfort. I love him with everything I have... I couldn't have chosen a better companion.

7 comments:
I am so excited for Coulter! Let him know he will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Sorry I didn't get the turkey reference.
Oh how fun. Tell Coulter congratulations for me! Dominican Republic sounds fun, and I know he will be the best missionary. And you're right, the only thing better than going to the temple is going with your family. SO AMAZING!
Coulter leaves next month? Oh wow! That is so great! You and Alex are so great! :) I love you guys!!!
Good times for you and your family. That was an amazing dedication. Enjoy this time with you brother and mom.
Congrats to Coulter-it's so great that he's going on a mission!
As for the temple, isn't it beautiful? We were lucky enough to go through the open house when were in UT this summer. That's so cool you were able to go to the dedication, I'm sure it was so spiritual.
I love that picture of y'all at the bottom of your post-so cute!
temples are such a blessing to us all that we can not only go there to become closer to the lord and do his sacred work but we can be sealed for all time and eternity to out loved ones cute post Rachel :)
Post a Comment