Last night, Alex and I were fortunate enough to attend the First Presidency Christmas Devotional with a couple friends. We got incredible seats- which is something I nor Alex have ever experienced- and since we got there early, we had the opportunity to watch all the apostles come in with thier wives and take their seats in the audience.Living in Oklahoma, I didn't have many chances to see ANY apostle or prophet in the "flesh", in fact.. I didn't have any chance. I will tell you, having that opportunity now will NEVER get old. I feel like a little kid every time I see an apostle or any member of the First Presidency. It's... incredible.
Thomas S. Monson is truly a prophet of God. I don't believe that anyone has the power to quiet the Conference Center within 2 seconds, just by walking into the room. As we all stood to honor him, it was such a powerful reminder of just how incredible these men are.
Uchtdorf is always so refined and filled with the spirit. Of course, Eyring made me cry... as he always does. Every time he starts to choke up, an instant tear is brought to my eye as well. And it was such an experience to see Monson since becoming the prophet. When he speaks, it sends chills down your spine. You know he is truly a man of God, and that he is speaking His words.
I love the Christmas season. We walked through temple square after it was over, and I just felt such a joy and love for Jesus Christ. After hearing these inspired men speak to us, how could you not??
I went home completely fed with the spirit and totally uplifted.
5 comments:
I've lived in Utah my entire life and had several opportunities to see these men in person and even shake hands with a couple of apostles. It doesn't get old for me either.
That's so great you guys got to go last night. That would be so fun!
How incredible to see the Christmas Devotional in person! WOW! And I love your new banner picture - you two are so much in love, it makes me so happy to see it. Love you!
I am so glad you had the wonderful experience of being there and hearing the 1st Presidency and our Prophet speak. It is always a humbling yet awesome experience to see how everyone stands and is so quiet as the prophet comes it. I will always hold the memory of attending with my mom the conference session where President Hinckley payed such an awesome tribute to his beloved wife Marjorie the conference before she passed away. I love the spirit you feel everytime you walk through the doors of the conference center. May you get many more opportunities to attend these sacred meetings
Oh how fun - that is the one bummer living in Oklahoma. Elder Nelson came to our Stake when we changed Presidencies a few years ago and I remember looking into his eyes and they were burning with the light of Christ. It was the most amazing experience ever. I could only imagine how it would feel to see the Prophet face-to-face.
I posted on fb and myspace about it.
Post a Comment