1.12.2009

Once in a Lifetime

My lovely friends Brynnly and Alan were sealed for time and all eternity on Saturday. Alex and I were fortunate enough to attend, and it was a beautiful ceremony. Turns out that Brynnly's dad was college roommates with D. Todd Christofferson, so he asked him if he would do the sealing. What an incredible experience to be in an intimate room with an Apostle of the Lord! The Spirit just radiates off of him and you could see the light of Christ in his eyes as he spoke. After the sealing, he stood by the door and shook everyone's hand individually, asking us to introduce ourselves. That is an experience I'll never forget. Thank you Brynnly and Alan for inviting us to be apart of it.

Alex and I were called to be primary teachers this past week... and I will tell you, we were not particularly excited for it. It feels like we can't ever get away from this calling, and that is probably all the more reason why we keep getting this calling. I'm sure it is because of our attitude. I just love Relief Society so much, and I feel like I'm missing out on so much when I'm having to teach Primary. That's definitely something I need to work on... attitude.

Speaking of self-improvement, another goal of mine this year that I failed to mention is reading more uplifting literature. I love, love, love church books- so when my inlaws purchased this book for me by Neal A. Maxwell, I was excited to read it. I love to increase my spirituality as well as other areas of my life.

10 years ago today, my dear father passed away. Can't believe it's been that long.... Time seems to be gaining speed. Alex and I have already been married 7 months. It has flown by, and I've loved every minute of it. Being married is quite the journey, and I know we have so much more to experience together.

6 comments:

Brynnly and Alan said...

Thank you thank you for posting about my day. It really was so amazing! I didn't know today is the ten year anniversary of your father's death. I will think about you and your family today. I love you to death! Thank you for being a part of my day!

Sherilyn said...

What a great opportunity to be in the presence of an apostle of the Lord. They are truly Men of God and are here on the earth to help us becoume more like our Savior and to return to his presence. You will love the book by Neal A. Maxewell. He has such great insight on Our Savior. That book is one of my favorites of his. Once you have read that book you need to read his book called "Men and Women of Christ". Elder Maxwell makes me think deeper and helps to stretch my faith and to see the things in my life I need to change to help me become more like our Savior. Read and ponder the things you will read. Take it slow and the spirit will touch you soul.

Mamapierce said...

Wow. What a neat experience! I think you may have similar feelings as I do, now that you are married - wishing that Dad could have met your husband and future children. I am sure he is smiling down on us everyday. :o)

Dina said...

Wow! That is totally awesome! I am so jealous that you got to be in the temple with an apostle! That is AWESOME!

calvin and chelsey said...

Really!! That is so cool! And we are in the nursery...kind of like primary, but way better! I love it! We have snack time, play time. It does kind of stink that most of the people we know only because they are parents of kids in the nursery...but the kids are hilareous! I'm sure your dad is so proud of you!

Aubrey said...

What amazing experiences you have. I understand about Primary. I just did 2-1/2 years of Primary and now that we are in a new ward I'm kind of hoping I get to do something else. But I will do whatever they need me to do. Just make an extra effort to attend Enrichment activities - that is how I kept up with everyone else in the ward.