2.17.2009

V-Day Weekend

"Love is a friendship set to music."-E. Joseph Cossman
(I love.love.love. that sweater on him. That was my gift to him at Christmas, and it just looks fantastic.)

On Friday.... we went to go see "Taken" (which by the way, was INCREDIBLE, and very intense.) and just enjoyed a nice evening together. We both love going to the movies, and don't get opportunities to go very often solely because it's expensive. I'm so glad we went because I haven't seen a good movie in a long time. Seriously, guys... great movie. Scary, but great. I also ordered take out from The Olive Garden for V-Day because we just wanted to stay in and eat rather than go out.
On V-Day.... we just had a great day. We went to the mall, he bought me some shirts and I bought him a watch. We relaxed until about 5:30 and we picked up our food. It was great because we walked in and looked at hords of people who were having to wait at least an hour and a half to even get a table. We just smiled, walked past all of them, paid for our food and walked out. I'm a firm believer in take out from now on. :)
We can't forget dessert! I was planning on trying out this pie (triple chocolate pumpkin... doesn't that sound incredible?!) but I was nervous about trying a new recipe on the day of. Therefore, we went to Edible Arrangements and bought some chocolate covered strawberries. If you haven't been there, go. The fruit is incredible!
Yep. It was a great weekend indeed.

7 comments:

Christan said...

Hi, I'm so jealous.
Jealous that you had a romantic evening? Jealous that someone spent time with you and it wasn't me? Well, I guess you'll never know. ;)

Live learn laugh said...

Enjoy those wonderful simple yet good times together. Being a little poor can lead to creativity. I guess we will all be more creative before this economy turns around!

Mamapierce said...

What a wonderful Valentine's Day. I really like your black/red dishes. Take out is nice - but I suggest calling ahead to get on the waiting list - we like doing that now! :o)

Dina said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Don't you just love V-DAY???

Brynnly and Alan said...

Awe! You guys are soo cute!

Aubrey said...

Sounds like you had fun. I want to see Taken and now after your comment I really want to see it. We ended up waiting an hour for our table at Charlestons but I was more than happy to wait because it got me out of the house and kid free. Funny how things like that would have driven me nuts before I became a mom.

Anonymous said...

You are TOO CUTE! I love it! What a GREAT valentine's weekend!!