skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Quite the Expensive Weekend...
Well, Alex and I got our tax return in this week, and we had many plans for it. We put $1000.00 in a CD, put $1100.00 away for when we move next month, paid Alex's tuition and had about $1900.00 left. Our plans for that money was to buy a dresser and mirror that matched our set (which was going to be about $850.00.... yeah, I know. Expensive.) and to buy a computer desk, because the one we had was extremely bulky and didn't match any of our stuff. Well... we did get the computer desk.
IKEA is a dangerous place. We went there with a computer desk in mind, but ended up spending about $200.00. You know, organizational stuff... decorative stuff.... organizational stuff.... We look at everything and think, "You know... we really do need a new mouse pad," or "We really don't have enough soup ladles." They have great lamps though, and we had to get one. You can't see it on the desk, but here is a picture of it not lighted.
Love it. So, after leaving IKEA, we decided to go and get the dresser and mirror. His parents joined us... and instead of buying the dresser/mirror that went with our set for $800.00... we purchased a 6 piece bedroom set for $1200.00........ Yeah. It's being delivered on V-Day, so I'll take pictures then. I had to leave and look at other furniture while Alex swiped the card. At least we bought it with cash and not credit, but wow.. it was intense.
Needless to say, we're selling our queen size headboard. Anyone interested? :)
8 comments:
IKEA is a dangerous place. We used to have round king size bed from there. It was amazing but we had to leave it behind when we moved.
I LOVE Ikea! and I LOVE tax return season....I didn't even think to combine them! Good idea! I can't wait to see pictures!
I have to say - we bought our bedroom furniture set as one of the first things after we were married and I have NEVER had any regret. You will love it and have it for many years to come. And good job following the $ plan. I am so proud :)
You got a great tax return - awesome! I'm excited to see your pictures! :o)
yipiee! i need to go to ikea! i love it. how much is the bed? we probably wont get one for a while, but our bed is a full size and i can't wait to get a bigger one!
That's so cool you got an awesome tax return. I'm so jealous, we're paying off debt (as always).
Adrienne McElwain
http://piratezeta-lifeofapirate.blogspot.com/
Oh my goodness! I'm so very jealous! I can't wait to see it all! Miss you!
hey! You found me! :) I'm so glad too! I'll add you to my 'to check up on' list hehe
Post a Comment