Well, this weekend was the move. Everything went very smoothly (which is easy for me to say because I didn't do any of the heavy lifting) and we love our new apartment. It feels much more "homey" (as homey as you can get with an apartment.....) and it's change.
As you can see, my dear sweet piano and I were reunited. We didn't have it in our last apartment, it was stored away in his parents living room.. untouched, unplayed...... and now we are back together again. This piano is particularly important to me because it has been around since before I was born, and everytime I look at it- I have this image of my mom playing on it. Sigh... It's a beauty. Seriously, we'll be having a lot of jam sessions very soon.
I don't have too many pictures as of yet, because we still have a few pictures to nail up and re-arranging to do... but we love it. And we finally get to use our bedset! Once I get some better pictures, I'll put them on herrre.
I saw this on Pottery Barn and I fell in love. I have decided that I need it. It's not a want, it's a need. Fantastic.
This. This is the color that will be my bedroom. Isn't the dark blue romantic? Yes... I love it. I've been looking around for a white comforter... it just looks so clean... and relaxing.
Within the next couple days you'll see our new casa. I dream of the day when we can have our own house... I'm realistic, and I know that in time that dream will become a reality, but it's nice to think about...... is it sad that I have ideas for every one of my rooms in a house that I don't have???
I saw this on Pottery Barn and I fell in love. I have decided that I need it. It's not a want, it's a need. Fantastic.
This. This is the color that will be my bedroom. Isn't the dark blue romantic? Yes... I love it. I've been looking around for a white comforter... it just looks so clean... and relaxing.
8 comments:
mmm i like both the book shelves and that room.Man I can't wait to have a place just for me and my husband.
I have a white down comforter on my bed that I bought at TARGET. I threw on some orange, blue, and polka dot pillows to add color. I LOVE how the down comforter feels. You should get one. LOVE IT!
We are so glad that you have your piano now just come and get some music to play! Enjoy your new place.
I like your ideas/styles! I too DREAM about living/owning a house! Someday, right? I love the crisp, clean look in bedrooms...BEAUTIFUL! Glad you got your piano back too!
At least you have ideas. I have no ideas. I finally rent a house (so I can't paint, but I can do more than an apartment) and my walls are still bare. All of my furniture are mismatched-hand-me-down-yard-sale items that we took when we were first married just so we could have something to sit/sleep on. I'm starting to explore but it's harder than it looks. Glad you have a more "homey" apartment.
I'm so glad you are in your new place! I have to come check it out one of these days! Loves!
Awesome! I got my white duvet cover from IKEA for DIRT CHEAP (and I love it)! I really like your style!
yay! for being reunited w/your piano-it's just beautiful!
I love the idea of the dark walls and white comforter too, but I don't think I'd have the guts to do it. Having 3 little ones three and under kinda makes me avoid things like that, not to mention I'm not very good at establishing "no no" rooms.
Post a Comment