7.03.2008

The Temple

Alex and I went to the temple after work yesterday. It's a whole new experience being able to go through the temple whenever I want-- especially with a husband! It was one of the most spiritual experiences I've ever had. The first time I went through was great, but now that I understand it a bit better, I can actually sit and focus on the spirit. Also, looking over and seeing Alex there was emotional in itself. I had the sobering thought of, "What if I had actually married someone who wasn't a member?" I was close, and it depresses me to even think about it.

Another great thing about the temple (among many) is the conversation it brings between me and Alex. We are so motivated church wise. We want to go to the temple once a week and read our scriptures and pray every night and convert everyone we come in contact with! I guess that is why they tell you to go often.

On tuesday, we're leaving to Mexico for two weeks. I've never been anywhere, so I'm pretty excited about it. Growing up, we didn't have a lot of money to go anywhere exciting. Going to the IHOP was a big deal....! One thing I am not looking forward to is the plane ride. I got air sick a couple times going to Oklahoma, and those were only hour or so long flights. I'll have to stock up on dramamine before I go. Wouldn't be very enjoyable if I were throwing up the entire time....

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Have fun in Mexico! I've only been to a border town and it was chock full of crime. (hopefully your trip will be better!) Living in Utah was wonderful because of how close you are to a temple. I'm so thrilled that you made a goal to go weekly - I know that you'll be blessed for it and that you & Alex will grow closer together. :o)

dillicious little pickles said...

Rachel I was so close to marrying a non-member also, so I know exactly what you mean. I have also sat in the temple and thought of how different things would be without my husband now, and it is way depressing to think about. At the same time it makes me the happiest person in the world knowing I made the right choice. Congrats by the way. And my blog address is dilliciousfamily.blogspot.com...love Nichole, Nathan, and Matthew.

marlene said...

Going to the temple regularly is such a good habit to get into - it gets harder once that kids come, and so if that commitment is already in place...you guys are awesome!