7.02.2008

Family

"A happy family is but an earlier heaven." John Bowring

Well, on Monday we came back from Oklahoma. We both had an amazing time with family, and we were very reluctant to leave. Everytime I go back to Oklahoma I just think... "I'm home." I never realized how much I loved OK until I moved away. I didn't know how Alex would like it, but he felt the same as I did. He felt a different spirit about it.

It was fun showing him all the places that I made so many memories in. It's a big help when I talk about people and places, and him having an image of what I'm talking about. It makes a huge difference.

I'm so grateful for the family I have. I've come to realize in the past week that I take for granted the relationship we have. All the siblings are close and love eachother. We enjoy eachothers company. We enjoy talking for hours about anything that comes to mind. We love eachother and like eachother. I've found that not many families are functional. Growing up, I assumed that every family was just like mine. That definitely is not the case.

Be grateful for the family you have. If you have a bad relationship with a family member, mend it. If you are in a quarrel with a parent, forgive and move on. When it comes down to it, they will always be there for you. They're worth swallowing your pride and re-building burned bridges.

I am a lucky girl.

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Yes, it's true. We are lucky to have each other. Now just convince everyone to move to Ohio so we can all be together! :o)