7.01.2009

Parasite?

Ever since Alex and I started dating, he's always had stomach problems. Anything he eats irritates it, and he always feels sick. This has been going on for well over a year now, and I have had an especially grumpy husband these past few months, (at least where the stomach is concerned.) SO. While we were in Oklahoma, we went to see a specialist that our family has been using for years, and after some testing- it seems that Alex has a parasite.


Therefore a strict diet and daily herbs have been implemented. For the next 30 days, Alex can't have any dairy or sugar. This is quite the task.... You never realize how many recipes call for milk and/or sugar until you can't have them. I told him I would do it with him (or rather I promised I wouldn't eat anything bad in front of him). :) Aren't I a good wifey?


This will be a good time, however, to kick start a healthier lifestyle. We went to Wal-Mart last night and bought a cart-full of delicious veggies, fruits, and ingredients for healthy meals. I'm getting more excited because I love to cook and I like challenge of trying new things. If you have any recipes- throw them my way!

4 comments:

Dina said...

WOW! Good luck! That's gonna be tough, but I am sure you can do it! Good luck to both of you!

Mamapierce said...

If you don't have one, buy a juicer. Juice all kinds of veggies. Juiced fruit is very satisfying. I love juiced cantaloupe and pineapple - YUM!

Brynnly and Alan said...

YAY! So glad you guys got it figured out! What a great opportunity for you 2 to get healthier and feel better! Let me know how it goes! Good luck sista! You guys can totally do this!

Aubrey said...

Yuck - I hope your hubby gets better soon. And yes you are a great wifey. I had to go on a no-dairy diet with Samuel so I can relate. Don't worry, you'll get creative. Oh and pizza with nothing but veggies on it is actually really good!