
I enjoy talking about what I believe and why. I love to have deep, religious discussions with people. I enjoy hearing different experiences and views from those around me-- Mormon or not.
...But there are times when I am viewed as 'ignorant'... or even worse, unintelligent for believing in a higher power than myself. For following a strict moral code. For relying on answer to prayer. Surely I can't be smart if I believe in something that is improbable, impossible, a story from the Bible that is more like a 'fairytale' then real life.
Well.
I am happy. I am smart. I am confident. I have high self-esteem. I care about others. I try to do service. I pray. I read the scriptures. I have faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I have no doubt of the things I know. This does not make me ignorant, nor unintelligent. This makes me whole. It makes me a better person. It makes me who I am... which hopefully-- is a better person than yesterday. It helps me to perfect myself. It helps me to look at others more than myself, and care for my fellow man.
I am not perfect... but I am always trying. Do I fail? Absolutely. Do I get back up and try again? You bet.
I've come to the point where I deem it necessary to stand up and fight for what I know. I won't let critics decide my happiness or my faith. I won't be contentious, but I will be proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment