a great time.
And I didn't get one. picture. of. me. and. my. mother. Now, before you chastise me-- the first half of her beloved arrival, she was sleeping. A lot. Like, 17 hour days a lot. Then she got better [but not fully well]. We had to literally cram as many activities we could into a couple days. I remember on Christmas day thinking I should take a picture.... but I didn't. Moving on.
We did a lot of baking, catching up, laughing, more baking, and it couldn't have been better. I do wish she were feeling better, but to be honest- I didn't mind staying in a chatting for hours on end. It was much needed!
I was extremely excited with the gifts I received this year. Nothing huge, but everything much appreciated. Alex knows me well... he got me the Forrest Gump Soundtrack [Seriously. Best bunch of songs ever.], Michael J. Fox's newest book, Beatles cd, and a few other things. My grandmother purchased a fabulous chess set [which we are eager to use] and the in-laws are responsible for the new set of scriptures with my married name engraved on them. I LOVE getting new scriptures. No markings, no worn out pages... it's a perfect new start.
My mom also made us these unique coasters that I fell in love with....
....but I can't forget a certain parting gift my dear sweet mother gave us before traveling back to the rolling hills:
We named him Jimmy.
I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas as we did. Hope your New Years is just as wonderful!
4 comments:
Love the coasters. Jimmy is the perfect name. Sorry you didn't get any pictures, but you have the memories to sustain you. :D
Love the coasters too! Sounds like a really great Christmas. Minus a sick mama. :(
glad to know other people name their plants too!
I'm so glad you got to spend time with your mom and at least have a couple of non-sick days.
Post a Comment