1.03.2011

It's Amazing

...what a little de-clutter will do.


I de-activated my Facebook. Not for any other reason than I needed space. I read a statistic that 1 in every 10 people have a facebook. In the world. After reading that, I really felt like I needed to "unplug" and just have some peace and quiet. I don't need another thing adding to my laundry list of internet activity. I have a blog, and I have an e-mail. I think that's enough. Right?


We also don't have internet or cable at our place of residence... which was an adjustment, but a good one. We played a nice game of chess last night with no distractions.


In lieu of the new year, I will go for a hearty run after work-- and hopefully kick my butt in the process. [Note: My sister in law suggested that I buy a certain brand of socks for running. I received two pairs for Christmas. My life has been changed. To Balega Socks: Thank you. You have made my running experience spectacular.]


Also, the following books are currently on my nightstand- and I'm excited to jump right in:

HAPPY 2011!

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

No more Facebook with Rachel Roo?

*sniff sniff*

sharon said...

Rachel
We are updating our YW Plaque of who finished their personal progress. Didn't you finish your PP here in Stillwater or am I thinking of someone else?
Let me know on my blog.
Thanks,
and hey, I'm with you on the declutter, I'm getting tired of the TV!
Sharon

Aubrey said...

We've also considered getting rid of our Facebook accounts, we are still thinking about it though. I always love all the books you read. I should write them all down. My only problem is I don't have easy access to LDS lit out here in Oklahoma. Maybe I can just order them.

McElwain Family said...

Everyone should find what they consider clutter in their life and just get rid of it... it's like spring cleaning! You end up thinking "i'll just do this or save that in case I want it later" and two years later you realize it's still in the corner and you have no idea why... ug! I hate clutter! Good on ya.