1.20.2011

Is it just me...

or does the beard just fit Conan O'Brien? I mean, really...

Want to hear a list of things I haven't been doing lately?
  • Running. Every morning I promise myself I'm going to get on that treadmill... and every night I kick myself for not getting on that treadmill... It's not like I am sorta planning on running a half marathon or anything.
  • Breaking up with the Doctor. Yeah, I know what I said. Let it go. I love him, he loves me. I'm 95% sure they have Dr. Pepper in Heaven anyway so don't even worry about it.
  • Utilizing my free time.. unless you count watching 30 Rock... alot.
  • Updating my blog with any useful information or funny stories. Sometimes I wonder why I update it at all... and then I just forget it and remind myself that writing down Teran life will benefit my posterity in ways I don't understand right now. I also get really, super bored at work.
  • Taking enough pictures. I'm guessing that Alex and I (and another reference to posterity...) will want to remember/see how we looked during our pre-children lives.. but regardless, they aint gettin' taken.
  • Gone to the hair salon in... I think 4 months? Not even for a trim. Nada. Nothin. It's terrible. I see the effects on my hair because of this. It's not pleasant. Feels frumpy. Must do this soon. Going insane. Maybe this is why no pictures have been taken as of late....
I think what I need is some really good music, a really good run, and a really hot shower.

*Side note: When calling OSU to get some information on our quest to find out where to go, I was pleased to hear the people working for NOC/OSU admissions had a thick, unmistakable hick accent. It may or may not have made my day. Oklahoma is a pretty awesome place.

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I started walking around the block each day. It's quick enough that you could do that on your lunch break, then you wouldn't have to kick yourself so hard each night. ;)

whitney said...

Mmmm...Dr. Pepper. It is so darn good.

That's ok, even if you don't consider your blog updates full of useful information or funny stories, we still appreciate them anyway :)

Aubrey said...

I appreciate your blog updates and you might want to turn it into a journal some day. There are several websites that will print your blog out as a journal for a nominal fee and I totally plan on doing that to my blog sometime this spring.

If it makes you feel any better I just got my hair cut - last time was in August, and I'm not even sure I like it.

Good luck with running, just tell yourself you're going to do it, and when the alarm goes off in the morning and you punch the snooze button ask yourself how you'll feel at dinner time and that might motivate.

McElwain Family said...

I'm pretty sure there's Dr. Pepper in heaven too... I just wish I could drink it with out getting sick! Running is hard to do everyday, I try to do it too, I usually get 6 days a week in but sometimes I think I'd rather shoot myself in the foot then get on a treadmill at 11:30 at night after working a 10 hour shift, cleaning house, and caring for two little girls. However the benefits are so worth it! I get all my frustrations out on the treadmill and feel so much better! You can do it!