1.19.2011

So there's this guy I know..

Meet Alex.

This is a guy who... when we're having an argument or having a difficult time, suggests that we go for a drive up to the temple. Our most spiritual conversations are when we're on a drive, especially when we're heading to or from the temple. This is a guy who... is very tender hearted. He always cares about my feelings, and is always willing to do anything to make me happy. I've learned that he is a very loyal person, and even though he can get down on himself, it's never merited. He's wonderful. This is a guy who... loves talking about the future. We have many conversations involving our future together--kids, a house, living the dream. This is a guy who... has an incredible knowledge of the scriptures. We teach primary children (ages 10-11) and they all will go completely silent when he's explaining a prinicple or telling a story. Many times I ask him to elaborate on something I've read in the scriptures, and he always does willingly. This is a guy who... upon first meeting him, you may be taken back by his striking features, but once you get to know him--realizing that he's extremely warm and inviting. This is a guy who... prefers to be in a one-on-one conversation rather than be the life of the party. We compliment eachother well in this aspect, because I really enjoy talking (imagine that) and he enjoys sitting back and listening. He's comfortable with who he is and doesn't need a lot of friends, just a few really good ones.

This is a guy who... makes me happy.

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

What a guy. I'm so glad you're happy with your choice for your husband. :)

whitney said...

Ahhh, what a cute post! That guy you know seems like a wonderfly sweet guy :)

Aubrey said...

Yay for an amazing husband who complements you so well.