Ever since I was little, I've always wanted to be "just like Heather." She always had the coolest clothes, cutest boyfriends, exciting experiences, and was good at just about everything. She has an incredible singing voice, and is drop dead gorgeous.
One of the things I love about Heather is she works hard for what she has, and is incredibly disciplined. If she wants to be in shape-- she'll do it. If she wants to aquire a new skill, or get a particular job- she'll do it. She's constantly motivated, and in turn- motivates others around her.
She has a strong testimony. Growing up, Heather always was in tune with the latest styles or trends. She cared a lot about her appearance, and had a modeling career as well. She decided to go on a mission, and she focused soley on the people she served. She cut her hair, dyed it a natural color... didn't care about her makeup or how fashionable she was. All she cared about was serving the Lord. And she was successful.
She is always learning. I always hear her talking about a new book she's read, a new class she's taking, a new diet she is trying... I absolutely love that about her, because she doesn't take this life for granted. She tries new things, and is never afraid of failure. That is a motivation to me, because everytime I talk with her-- she is always telling me what I'm capable of, and to be my own person. If I'm ever feeling down about myself, I know I can call her- and she'll lift my spirits. She's my own personal self-improvement book. :)
We could not talk for a year, call eachother- and talk like we've always been talking. We have a very special relationship. Now that I'm married, we have more in common and it has brought us closer together.
I love Heather because there have been so many different stages in my life, and she's been there through it all. She loves her family, and makes sure she spends time with them. She is willing to sacrifice her social life to be a stay at home mom. Her relationship with her husband is solid because they support eachother. I'm so grateful to know her, and to be her sister.
7 comments:
I sat across from your sister at your wedding luncheon and she is very sweet. You are lucky to have her as a sister and she is just as lucky to have you!
It is great to have people to look up to. Its convenient when we are related to them and can study them up close. I agree with Angie; it was very nice to meet she and her husband at your wedding. They seem to me to be very nice folks.
Rachie! You are way too sweet!! :) Thank you for your tribute. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Call me soon.
oh rachel, when am I going to see you!
yes! lets do it! soon! like next saturday...or 2 saturdays away. will you be here over thanksgiving break?
oh yay! same for us...we'll be here both holidays. i'll call ya sometime soon. =) yay!!!!!!!!!
Awe! Can't wait to meet this sister of yours! She sounds amazing!!! :)
Post a Comment