Last weekend, Alex and I went to TaiPan and bought our first Christmas tree, accompanied with different ornaments and decor. Even though our apartment may be tiny, it's all decked out with garland, a tree, twinkling lights, and candles. Yes, it's not even December yet- and Thanksgiving hasn't passed... but both of us love Christmas so much, how could we resist?We bought a tree topper (which, by the way, is fantastic) but we underestimated the height of our tree, therefore, we couldn't FIT the topper on. Both of us were not happy... especially considering everything at TaiPan is final sale, and we couldn't return it. Oh well, hopefully, eventually, maybe we'll get to put it on.
We spent a ridiculous amount of money, but every night we sit and look at our beautifully decorated tree and sip hot chocolate. We've already watched Home Alone 2 (which, oddly enough, is one of my Christmas favorites. I quote it all the time.... all year 'round... ask my husband.) But we still need to get White Christmas, Holiday Inn, The Snowman, Miracle of 34th Street (the old version) and many more. My radio in my car is tuned to holiday jangles, and I'm throwing around ideas for gifts. Isn't this season INCREDIBLE!?
Pictures of our decorated apartment...... soon. :)
5 comments:
Oh, I can't wait! We made our Thanksgiving dinner today and right now we're putting up the Christmas tree! I'm so excited!!!
Mr Bean might have some suggestions for how to get your tree topper to work.
Speaking of which we will have to watch the Mr Bean Christmas episodes, which I happen to have on DVD!
Yes your apartment looks great:) It is always to cheerful at your place! Happy Holidays to you
Hahaha we set up our tree last week too :) it's early but i'm all christmassy this year.
Oh and I thought the picture you posted was of your apartment (ha!ha!) How I remeber my first Christmas tree as a married person. It was my most favorite tree ever - it was real and when we took it down it was still so freash and I was sad to see it go! Enjoy this wonderful time together.
Post a Comment