Lately, especially with changes happening in our laws, our states, our presidency, and our day to day interaction with eachother... I often find myself in fear for the future.Everyday, I hear more and more stories of murder, rape, infedelity, abortion, theft.... and that's only to name a couple. Pretty soon, however, I will be bearing children of my own- and this is the world that they have to come into? I felt growing up was hard for me, what about them?
With all the blessings we have today come great obstacles. I'm so proud to know what I know, and be apart of the very thing that gives me a reason to get up in the morning. A reason to keep going.
If I ever have a day where I'm especially nervous about what's to come, or a day that I feel the future is hopeless.. I look at this picture, and I feel peace. Even if only for a split second, it comforts me. Looking at these righteous, wonderful men gives me yet another affirmation that what we do as Latter Day Saints is not in vain. We all have a purpose, and we just have to keep going- even if it seems as if we're going into the darkness.
Many times I'll think I'm standing alone. I'll feel like my opinions don't mean much, or are overlooked. I may be persecuted for what my beliefs are, or made fun of. But isn't that only a reassurance that what we believe is right?
5 comments:
Stop watching the news. :) No, seriously. There is so much good in this world still. I believe one of Satan's tactics is to create that "doomsday" fear in us which blinds us from all good. I'm not saying to go around uninformed, but focus on the good things. I tried this about a year and a half ago and things don't look nearly so dim anymore. :)
It's a wonderful testimony to know that we are led by righteous men, and I'm glad I have a wife with righteous desires. So that I can be the priesthood bearer who will protect and keep my wife and children safe from harm in whatever form it may come. I love you!
Wonderful post. It's so true. I've read that FAITH is the opposite of FEAR. So, if we strengthen our faith, our fear will decrease. Love you!
I agree - stop watching the news. I had to turn it off this morning it was making me so sad. And you will find that as you bring children into this world your eyes are open to all that is good and wonderful. I have become quite the optimist since having our son. You're wonderful Rachel, I love reading your blog.
It is true that we are in trying times. Not watching the news can provide us at times with the comfort of oblivion, but you are correct in noting that the only true solace comes from knowing that where ever we stand, if we stand with the Lord; we have the safety of His promises.
We know that scripture indicates that things will be precarious in these latter days, but if we follow the counsel of God, scripture, and our current leaders we will know where the iron rod leads even if it is an inch at a time.
I have been observing the reactions to the Prop 8 outcome and can see just how widely Satan has sold the idea that popular opinion or public support should have the ability to influence God's laws. I fear that many will lose their bearings in this mist of confusion.
I'm glad that you are exploring the anchor of your beliefs; these are times to do that consistently.
Post a Comment