Yes, it is official. The holiday season is among us. :) Radio stations are playing Christmas music, and there is snow on the mountain tops. I always forget just how much I love those songs until I hear it each November. It's almost refreshing!Alex and I have been almost giddy this year about our anticipation for the Christmas season. I am determined to enjoy every moment of it... to savor each song, each experience, each Christmas concert, each snowy afternoon. When you are a kid, you can't wait, can't wait, can't wait for gifts and then it's over in the blink of an eye. As I've grown older, I've realized I need to enjoy each day as it is, and not always look forward to "what's next!!" Especially this year when I will not be flying home to Oklahoma to spend with family. I have never spent a big holiday away from home, and this year it will be not only Christmas, but Thanksgiving as well. Thankfully, I have a new husband and another family that I love to spend them with.
We both want to make our first holiday season memorable, so we're going to try and make the most of it. How could it go wrong?? With blankets, hot chocolate, "White Christmas" and eachother... it's just short of heaven itself.
Just remember to celebrate what's most important this year. The true meaning of Christmas, family, friends, being together, and enoying each day as if it were your last.
5 comments:
I know! I started playing Christmas songs already! I love it!
Im glade that it is so wonderful:) Do make it memorable!!
You are right! The day after Christmas is hard because it's all over. Savor every moment from here on out. I love the picture of you and Alex. Might be my fav! LOVE LOVE LOVE! And I LOVE you!!!!
This is hands-down my favorite time of the year - the second Halloween is over I am into Thanksgiving and Christmas full-swing. And my favorite part of November 1st is Christmas music (Karson hates it "so early") and my yummy-holiday-smelling candles. It all just makes me giddy :)
It is hard being away from family on big holidays. I completely know what you mean. Try spending Halloween in a country where they don't celebrate it. Yeah.
Post a Comment