8.07.2008

Decisions, yay!

Well. It seems that my life has been dark and dreary over these past few weeks, but in all reality, it hasn't. I have just chosen to write about the sad things I was going through, as opposed to the good things. :) So, everything is going great right now with Alex and I.

We've (I think..) made the decision to stay here in UT until Alex finishes school. We talked it over today, and we both feel that it's best for us. We had to come to a decision of not going off what our families may want, but what we want. And ultimately, this is what we came up with. As hard as it is to know that I probably won't live in Oklahoma ever again, unless a miracle happens, I know that this is right. All I need to do is focus on what is best for our little family. It isn't necessarily "set in stone" yet, BUT we're going to pray about it over the next few days- fit in a temple date- and see how we feel. I have a good feeling about staying here though... our lives seem to always be up in the air. Good thing I'm extremely impulsive and love change!

Lately, we've been on a pretty regimented work out plan- which has made both of us feel 110% better about ourselves and our situation. It seems that everytime I'm stressed about something, or feeling overwhelmed, the two best things to do are go to the temple or workout. We've been doing both, so we're good to go. Alex says that since we've quit Dr. Pepper (our love...) and workout almost every day, he hopes to look like this:

We'll see what we can do ;)

7 comments:

Melisa said...

Blogs are great for venting! I love that about them. It is hard being away from family, but sometimes it is for the best. I'm sure you guys will make the best decision for you!

Brynnly and Alan said...

Doesn't he already look like that? Glad you guys are staying here! And congrats on quiting soda! So hard but so worth it!

Mamapierce said...

Nice background! It's important to do what's best for YOU and ALEX and not feel pressured (except by the Holy Ghost) to proceed in life. Kudos to you and your hubby...soon Alex will be saying "Yo Rachel"! woohoo!

Mandy said...

Good luck with the fitness goals! Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comments, you made my day.:)

Angie said...

I'm glad you've decided (for now) to stay in Utah. But, I know it's a hard decision. We've been there, too. Put your blinders on to other peoples opinion on the matter. You know the 3 that matter. :) Glad you're in the fam!!

marlene said...

I can totally see Alex looking like that one day. Since I started running again, I have also given up one of my loves - Diet Pepsi, Wild Cherry (yummmmy!) I myself am going for the "Starla" look :)

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

If he ever really gets a belt that big and speedos that small-- warn us all:) It could haunt us forever.