8.25.2008

My new love.

If you know me, then you know that I am a self-improvement book fanatic. Anything that motivates me to think more positively, lose weight, build confidence, learn new money skills, or whatever else that could ultimately change my life for the better... I love.

My fantastic sister and brother in law lent me this book yesterday. I've barely begun it and I already have fallen in love. If you know of any good motivational or self-improvement books, please give me a recommendation. I'm interested!

I am excited about this book in particular because we're moving out September 12th. Yes, you read correctly. :) On Saturday, after going to my friend's endowment session (which was amazing, btw) we decided to just look around at apartments with no intention of leaving this soon. The first place we went turned out to be just what we needed and the price was affordable. The Lord truly blessed us. I'm not an easy person to deal with, I'm very impatient.. so I'm grateful that this opportunity to start a new chapter in our lives is knocking at our door. We want to be financially stable for our future kids. Hopefully we can read, sacrifice, and take to heart what this book has to offer.

I'm so ready to leap into the unknown.

Alex: "I can't wait for our first Christmas together in our little apartment."
This is why I love the man, he thinks like I do. ;)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave Ramsey also has a talk radio show, which is played on various stations across the country. I would listen to him all the time when I was selling books during the summer. I long for the day when the primal scream of "freedom" can be me.

-Tyler

Mamapierce said...

I'm personally fond of Clark Howard, myself. :o) He's ready to help you save more, spend less, and avoid getting ripped off. Oh yeah.

Melisa said...

Awww, first apartment! How exciting!

Sherilyn said...

COngrats on getting your 1st apartment. You'll have to let us know where it is at. You will love having your own place.

marlene said...

Glad you are liking it so far. We like listening to him too - if you are ever in the car between 7-10 PM turn on AM 570. His advice is so practical! Since you are always on the lookout for self-help books, another favorite of mine (that you are welcome to borrow) is Organizing From the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern. Amazing - it is also one of Missy's favorite books :)It would be a fun one to read now that you will be setting up your first home!

Brynnly and Alan said...

Congrats on your first place. You will love it! So exciting! Hope you like the book too. :) I'll get you a free copy of my hubby's book when it's published. hehe

Heather said...

We are also reading a Dave Ramsey book, called Financial Peace Revisited. It's great! I'm so glad you are reading that book. :) Yay Rachie and Alexis!!!

Heather said...

Oh and have you read "Boundaries" by Henry Townsend?? It's the BEST BOOK EVER!!! It's not about finances, but def a self improvement one...excellente.

marlene said...

I loved your comment - Glad to know I have a self-improvement/self-help book cohort! I will almost always pick one over a novel :)

I actually have "How to Win Friends and Influence People" sitting on my nightstand! Funny.