8.19.2008

Planssss.

This week will be a good one. I have decided that myself. :) Life IS 10% what happens to you, and 90% attitude. I've really been trying to wake up and know that the day will be good. It's hard, mind you... but makes a real difference when I'm successful.

A co-worker of mine is getting married next Tuesday, and endowed this Saturday. Alex and I are lucky enough to be able to attend both. I'm so excited for them! They're so happy. This is their engagement picture, cute huh? It has not been an easy road for them being engaged... lots of contention and stress, but they've kept pushing forward. I'm very glad that I never had any big hurdles to jump while being engaged. I did seem to have a lot of health problems though, which cost us a lot of money, which probably didn't ease Alex's mind to much. "What am I doing... I'm going to have a sickly wife!" :) But it seemed after we got married, I haven't had problems since. Funny how that works. ;)

We've been debating back and forth on where our money is going and what we're wanting to do. We're currently living free of rent (which has been incredibly helpful), and have been paying down a lot of unnecessary debts with the extra money. Alex is going to school this semester, and we're wanting to move out.. so we will need all the money we can get. I've been dying to go to school... but it seems that I haven't really had the opportunity. Hopefully by next semester I can start going and eventually get a degree. It's really important to me that I start and finish college. We're just going to have to really watch what we spend from here on out.
There are so many huge decisions that await in our future. When to have kids, what Alex should major in, what jobs to have, where to live. It's all very overwhelming, but inevitable.
Attitude....attitude....attitude. :)

4 comments:

Melisa said...

Wow. That is a lot to consider! Good luck making those decisions! I'm sure you'll be fine.

Mamapierce said...

Attitude is everything - but I wish it were easier to change on those stressful days! Good luck on your decisions!

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

Hey there! I loved seeing you a few weeks ago- you are AWESOME! The more I know you, the more I think "I LOVE that girl!" If you ever do move out and happen to move into our ward it would be fantastic and I promise we would have fun. You two are keepers. Rent free is a beutiful thing and if it can help towards debt free- wow. Plus we may see you more that way:) Either way good luck.

KarsonK2 said...

When you are at our house on Sunday remind us to lend you our Total Money Makeover book by Dave Ramsey. It will be helpful in making a $ plan!