8.01.2008

Yesterday...

Or rather, the past two days have been very emotional and depressing. Therefore, I will make this post brighter than the last. We can't focus on the hard and difficult all the time, can we?

I really think the trials and negative feelings over the past week have been to strengthen us. All we've really been doing is thinking of ourselves rather than what God wants. We absolutely hated fighting and disagreeing. So tonight we are going to the temple to receive some peace and tranquility. After stressing nonstop for the past 48 hours, all we want to do is feel the spirit and be with eachother. We're not going to constantly focus on, "What are we going to do?!" but more "Let's pray, research, decide and ask if it's right."

SO.. who knows! Wherever we go, we know we'll be alright because we have eachother. Did I mention that my husband is amazing???? I'm sure that I say that every day, but get used to it because I'll probably say it every day from here on out. I'm very lucky!

I can't believe it's already August. This year sure has flown by and has been quite an exciting year. I'm married, my sister is married. I'm living in Utah, I'm working and I'm happy. Everything has happened so fast and the ride has definitely been worthwhile.

I know it's not too exciting to read my blog because I don't have cute quotes from my children or exciting new spectacles, but it is my life, and I'm okay with that. :)

5 comments:

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

I did not know that your dad was gone. That makes me feel very sad. Mine died before my little brothers wedding. It must have made your day a little bitter sweet. I often wonder what things would be like were he still here. If we loved our earth dads that much just imagine how much we love our Father in Heaven. I guess it is good to have a veil, so we don't go mad with homesickness. I will pray for you two and whatever your future holds. By the way-- you now have a totally awesome dad-in-law. It seems one can always find a silver lining, but I'm sure your with me and would enjoying having our daddys back.

Brynnly and Alan said...

Love that you guys are thinking about what the lord wants for you and not what you want for you. Hard to do but he will always bless you when you do that.
I know how you feel about not having cute quotes and pic's of kids but whatever! Great blog!

marlene said...

Whatever...I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog, even without "cute kid quotes". I really like your writing style. Plus, I like hearing how awesome my brother is :) I still can't believe that he is married... There is no better place at a time like this than the temple - you're going to get through this - enjoy your time together tonight :)

Mamapierce said...

Your blog is very entertaining and the blogs aren't only for kid quotes, silly girl! ;o) So...when are you going to move to ohio?

Angie said...

I just read your comment. I am planning on holing up. I've already found out way more than I wanted to. Not vital stuff, but I don't want to know anything until I read it for myself. I don't even want to know if you like it or not until I read it. :) Hopefully it'll come soon!