8.13.2008

I love

Having days off.

Yesterday was so nice. I had the whole day off to do whatever I want. And I did just that!

I got up, showered and got ready for the day. Relaxed a bit and picked up my husband from work to have lunch together. I went home, read a little bit, and then went to work out. Lately, I've been pretty adamant about wanting to cook for Alex, but since we're not in our own place yet-- I haven't really had opportunity. That's one the things I'm most excited for... to "be a little housewife". :) BUT, after I got home for working out, I was able to make a meal for Alex. I set up our own little candlelit dinner downstairs, and had everything ready by the time he came home.

It felt so good to do that for him. I remember being little and watching my mom cook all these big dinners that were ALWAYS amazing, and thinking, "I hope I can cook like her when I grow up!" Who knows if I'll actually BE as good as her, but one can hope. Practice makes perfect... and he DID make many noises like 'Mmm!' and 'Ohh!' while eating... so I think that's a pretty good inclination that I received some brownie points. :)

My life at this point is fantastic. Even with all the ups and downs that daily life brings, I wouldn't change one thing about where I'm at right now. I'm extremely blessed.

3 comments:

Ranae and Matt said...

How nice is that. Way to be a house wife. Its fun at first but then it gets old. at least for me I don't like to cook. any news on an apartment.

Mamapierce said...

You are so cute, Rachel. Mmm & Ohh! I laughed out loud - Alex is a lucky guy to have a wife like you who WANTS to be home and to take care of him. Any idea on when you'll be moving out?

marlene said...

I love that you are excited to be a homemaker/housewife. In today's world, that is not the most popular position, but I myself wouldn't have it any other way. There are definitely certain things I love (laundry, baking, organizing) and others that I don't enjoy as much (cleaning) but I am certainly blessed, no question. I am glad to be a woman - it pretty much rocks :)