9.03.2008

Out on our own.

Well, after ups and downs- getting our hopes up and then changing our minds- we made it "out on our own." It's an awesome, scary, nerve-wrecking feeling... but we're both extremely excited. Our apartment is so cute and I hope you all come and visit it. It's tiny, mind you, but just what we need.

I love my husband because he has the same mind as I do. We both are very anal about everything matching.... everything. All of our dishes, pots, pans, furniture, even our microwave matches everything else. We had a lot of fun decorating. I wanted to wait until everything was organized before I took pictures... so in the next couple days you will be seeing it. :) Understand that the pictures don't do it justice. We love it!!

Interesting how when you are growing up, you feel so safe because your parents are there. You have this mindset of, "My parents are here. Nothing bad can happen because mommy and daddy are in the next room." Now that we're "on our own" I feel incredibly vulnerable when Alex isn't there. He has night school Mon-Wed, and so I'm at the apartment by myself. Of course, every noise is extremely apparent to me, and it freaks me out. Nothing is better than Alex walking through the door... big sigh of relief. (And he's just so darned good looking.) :)

More to come in the future, ladies and gentlemen. More to come.

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Oh, Rachel. What a wonderful dream! I'm excited for that special day when you find out that you're pregnant. Having gone through so many years of infertility - I can say what a miracle having children is. I hope that when you're ready - it won't take you very long.

As for the pictures of the apartment...I've waited LONG ENOUGH! I wanna see 'em NOW!

marlene said...

Love the new look of your blog, so...classy. And the picture is amazing. It looks like something out of a movie. Can't wait to see your first home :)