My heart is full as I write this today. Last night, Alex and I had a talk about making Christ a priority into our daily lives. It was something that we've been lacking lately. It's not as if we've been doing anything bad, we just haven't been doing anything to help build eachother up. Being fast Sunday, we decided to fast for the strength to do what's right, and to find ways to bring Christ into our daily lives.
When we returned home from church, we watched "Special Witnesses of Christ." Many, many times I had chills run down my spine as I heard these amazing men bear their solid testimonies. Everytime I hear Eyring speak, I tend to get teary eyed along with him. It was such a moving experience for the both of us... and much needed. Interesting how you don't realize you're lacking something until you finally experience it. My testimony has been fed and I hadn't realized I was hungering.
I love the Gospel. There have been times in my life where I was lost. I've always known it was true, deep down, but something was holding me under water. Everytime I'd come up for air, another thing would pull me down. At the time, I thought I was just weak... but as I've gotten older, I've realized that Satan has been preying on my weaknesses and triumphed. Not anymore.
I want to change how I've been living. I tend to judge others easily. Gossiping and backbiting seem second nature at times. Negativity seems to be a habit I can't get away from. Faith has been hard to find in times of trouble. Prayer hasn't been my first priority. I'm here to say that I don't want to be that person anymore. I've always taken the easy way out-- and I've only now come to find that there is no "easy way". It's going to require a change of heart, sacrifice, sweat and tears... but not without reward. One of my mother's favorite quotes was, "Don't fear, just live right." And that is what I intend to do. This is one of the wonderful things about the Gospel. Always room for improvement. I definitely can't complain about that. :)
4 comments:
That is a wonderful video. Tyler & I have decided to make some changes, too, to improve our spirituality. We've been slacking on FHE and have decided that NO MORE can we go without making it a priority. I'm proud of you for seeing something that needs to be changed and doing it! :o)
By the way, you can check out this site: http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ for free blog backgrounds! :o)
You are such an example to me. I love the relationship you and Alex have. You really are soooo good for each other. :)
P.s. I'm with ya on the gossiping. Its no good and doesn't make anyone feel better about themselves.
Wow what a common problem; complacency is a much more effective weapon against fairly good people than are things like drugs, murder,felony theft, etc.
Must admit that my kryptonite goes back to complacency and NOT doing the things that will push me forward. Stagnation: doesn't sound that appealing when you think about it.
It is funny how the most basic things - the things that ultimately bring us the most happiness and peace - are the hardest to keep up with. Karson's grandpa always said that "the unexamined life is a life not worth living". It is so true that the greatest way to keep on track is to "check in" on ourselves as often as possible. You and Alex are doing a great thing - keep it up :) LOVE the quote!
Post a Comment