We're poor, starving, broke, madly in love newlyweds.
The other night, we both were hungry and realized our options for food were limited. We searched around, and when we came to an idea- we'd soon realize that we were missing one, two, or all of the needed ingredients for the recipe... and no money to purchase them. As we started to panic, we decided to swallow our pride and call his parents to ask if they would feed us. They did, and all was well.
Moving is quite the expense. (Especially if you don't have much money to start with.) It's almost funny how low on money we are. (We laugh to keep from crying......) Just last night- we wanted a drink, so we put all of change together and found that we had a whopping $1.83 in dimes, nickels, and pennies. It was a sad moment.
Good thing we get paid on Monday... then we can start living again and saving. We've learned our lesson, I'd say. At least we're still madly in love. :)
9.11.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is probably the saddest story ever......problem is, I am one of the main characters in that story......(sigh).....
OH you poor little in love starving birds. SOme of my favorite memories are when Scott and I spent everythign and more on trying to have a baby and went into the biggest money debt pit. We would go to mexican places and fill up on free chips and salsa taking a really long time to order and then split the cheapest thing on the menu. We could not even afford toilet paper-- maybe that is why Scott hoards it now. I htink we should all take a night to have you over and feed you. I'm a great cook what kind of cold cereal do you like:) hee hee
Tyler's mom used to make fried egg sandwiches...I always thought that was odd - but it's SO cheap that we make them now! All you need is some eggs and bread...do you have those?
When Karson and I were first married, they had just introduced the Dollar Menu at McD's. There were many a night, when we just wanted to get out, that we would grab the change jar and go on a date. Those days seem so long ago...and yet, they hold some of my fondest memories. I am glad that you are not afraid to ask my parents to feed you - much better than starving :)
Post a Comment