9.30.2008

I've had bad hair and I cannot lie..

you otha' brothas can't deny.
Oh short hair... sometimes I miss you so. But I must keep pressing forward and grow you out.

I have had many, many interesting hairstyles in my short 20 years of life. The list includes:

1. The supposed to be "Meg Ryan" accident haircut. (My sister, Heather, always experimented her haircutting ways on her life mannequin... me. I remember like it was yesterday her saying, "Oh, I'm doing the Meg Ryan look." No, it definitely did NOT turn out as such.)

2. 8th grade accident haircut. (People referred to me as "texas flat-top" and if you didn't know me, you'd think I was a lesbian. THANKFULLY there are no pictures to show ANYONE from this time period... except it was the day before picture day, so if you somehow get your hands on my 8th grade yearbook, you'll find me... short hair and all.)

3. Accident jet black hair. (I meant to dye it dark brown, but instead it went to black. I decided to make a statement and keep it for a while, but looking back at old pictures- I stand ashamed.)

4. Orange "Vitamin C" accident hairdo. (In my attempt to getting rid of the black hair, I bleached it 3 times. It turned bright bright orange *as you can vividly see in the last picture*. Again, against my better judgement, I decided to stick with it for a while to make yet another statement. And once again, I stand ashamed.)

5. Permed, fried "Vitamin C" accident hair. (Yes, you read correctly. After not touching it for a while, I decided to perm it. How a perm got into my head as a 'good idea' is beyond me. I had HUGE hair, and there was no possible way to tame it. It resolved in me chopping it off SHORT, but actually cute this time. I'll always be in debt to that hairstylist..... The above picture doesn't truly show how bad it was, but my hair is breathing it's final breaths as I smile so cutely in that high school hallway..)

The last time I had long hair was in 2nd grade, therefore, I'm giving it another shot. I must admit, going to the hairstylist still scares me a little bit. But with that history, do you blame me?

7 comments:

Mamapierce said...

It must run in the family...I dyed my hair dark brown and it turned jet black as well...not too flattering...I think you'll like longer hair. I'm about to get a haircut before I go to Ukraine - I want something easy and cute...stay tuned!

Melisa said...

I think short hair looks super cute on you, but long hair will too!

marlene said...

It will be fun to see you with long hair, but man you look cute in all of those pictures. Darling, in fact. I have tried the short-hair thing, but with my face shape and the fact that my hair has NO volume, it just doesn't work. I am destined to have long hair for many years to come...that is until I am old enough that short hair becomes a requirement. BTW-flashback post are the best :)

Brynnly and Alan said...

My favorite is the fried perm. Very hot! I'm glad after all that you are growing it out. It'll be so cute! You are lucky that you look good with short or long hair. Lucky girl! ;)

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

You can't take a bad photo, not that I would know since I coudl not get one last night:) You would be cute bald.

Coach Heather said...

We all have really bad hair days.... but yours take first place!! lol jk jk We are on the same boat no doubt! love ya rachie cakes :D

portiawestesen said...

hahahah thats so funny, i remember all my horrible hair cuts/dyes...I always wanted to by the rebel and the one who didn't give a crap weather it turned out or not. Its so funny. Kinda embarrassing.